A-PAD Sri Lanka has taken the lead role in bringing together key players from different sectors and providing prompt ass...
National Platform Member Organization
Asia Pacific Alliance for Disaster Management Sri Lanka
Updates from Sri Lanka
A-PAD Sri Lanka is conducting rescue training from March 1-7 in the inland town of Kitulgala, a three-hour drive east fr...
Country Director（A-PAD Sri Lanka）
- The A-PAD in Sri Lanka has prioritized on district-level disaster management in an attempt to compliment the mitigation efforts of the whole country with platforms. We are committed to assisting national efforts in disaster response through a civil society–private sector partnership. A-PAD Sri Lanka was activated immediately in assisting the relief operations where members contributed with food, clothing and other items of importance for the victims.
- A-PAD Sri Lanka was formally launched on the 20th of August 2014 at the Kingsbury in Colombo, with many member organizations in attendance.
- A-PAD responded to the following disasters in Sri Lanka:
- Drought – In August 2014, over a million people were affected in 8 districts
- Landslides in Meeriyabedde – In October 2014, over 63 buildings were buried with many people and a displacement of over 5000 people
- Floods – In December 2014 torrential rains and overspill of reservoir affected 1.1M people in 22 districts
- Garbage Dump Collapse – In April 2017, more than 30 peoples were died and displacement of over 1700 people.
- Floods and Landslides – In May 2017 more than 200 peoples were died and over 717,000 people were affected in 11 Districts.
- In each of the response the membership increased along with the resources and A-PAD created a long due platform where private sector, civil society and the government came together in response.
24 Kassapa Rd. Jawatta, Colombo – 7, Sri Lanka
+94 11 2502192